Tuesday 15 July 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Kelly and Jacques Derrida.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1930 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Charles Kelly: Chief constable (Staffordshire England).
- Jacques Derrida: French-Algerian philosopher and educator who taught at the Sorbonne 1960-1964 and at the ENS from 1965.
- James Karales: American photographer and photojournalist.
- Richard Garneau: Canadian journalist and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Stephen Smale: American mathematician and computer scientist.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 July 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?