Tuesday 15 July 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1930 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- James Karales: American photographer and photojournalist.
- Charles Kelly: Chief constable (Staffordshire England).
- Richard Garneau: Canadian journalist and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Stephen Smale: American mathematician and computer scientist.
- Jacques Derrida: French-Algerian philosopher and educator who taught at the Sorbonne 1960-1964 and at the ENS from 1965.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?