Saturday 15 July 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Each Dawn I Die, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1939 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Calixte Duguay: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- Aníbal Silva: Portuguese economist and politician 19th President of the Portuguese Republic.
- Anibal Cavaco Silva: Portuguese politician.
- Patrick Wayne: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Rounder, Shirley, Beyond Atlantis).
- Ronald Hadfield: Chief constable (West Midlands England).
- William David Hellerman: Composer
- Donald Kojis: Milwaukee sports Champions
- Anibal Silva: Portuguese politician, elected President of the country on January 22, 2006. Prior to that he served for ten years as Prime Minister, from November 6, 1985 to October 28, 1995, the longest of any democratically elected Prime Minister in Portuguese history. During those ten years, he set another record when he won an absolute parliamentary majority and then repeated that feat.
- Clara Adams (NYC) is 1st woman to complete round world flight
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?