Thursday 15 July 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1948 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Alicia Bridges: American singer.
- Enrique Basilio hurler: first lady to light Olympic flame (Mexico-1968).
- Andrew Dwyer: American executive and CEO in charge of JWP, a high-tech global engineering utility, noted for turning his company into the high-tech business that it is.
- Pierre Lasjaunias: French physician, a pioneer in the field of neuroradiology.
- Anne Sinclair: French and American television and radio interviewer who hosted one of the most popular political shows for more than thirteen years on TF1, the largest European private TV channel.
- Twinkle : English singer-songwriter (d. 2015)
- Dimosthenis Kourtovik: Greek anthropologist and critic
- Artimus Pyle: American drummer and songwriter (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Alcoholic Anonymous founded in Britain
- President Truman nominated for another term (Philadelphia)
- US President Harry Truman nominated for another term.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?