Saturday 15 July 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Lise Gougeon and Arianna Huffington.
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Andy Pandy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1950 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Marie-Lise Gougeon: French immunologist at Institut Pasteur, specializing in Clinical Immunology, Allergology, and Clinical Trials.
- Arianna Huffington: Greek-American web entrepreneur, syndicated columnist, author of seven books, lecturer, TV and radio guest also known as a debater, and socialite who charmed her way into high societies in London and the U.S.
- Colin Barnett: Australian economist and politician 29th Premier of Western Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - La Vie En Rose
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Mitch Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?