Thursday 15 July 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tarak Dhiab and John Ferguson.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1954 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Tarak Dhiab: Tunisian footballer and sportscaster.
- John Ferguson: Australian rugby league player.
- Jeff Jarvis: American journalist and blogger.
- Giorgos Kaminis: American-Greek lawyer and politician 78th Mayor of Athens.
- Mario Kempes: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- 1st coml jet transport plane built in US tested (Boeing 707)
- KOCO TV channel 5 in Oklahoma City, OK (ABC) begins broadcasting
- WBOC TV channel 16 in Salisbury, MD (CBS / NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- First flight of the Boeing 367-80, prototype for both the Boeing 707 and C-135 series.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?