Thursday 15 July 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1954 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Tarak Dhiab: Tunisian footballer and sportscaster.
- John Ferguson: Australian rugby league player.
- Jeff Jarvis: American journalist and blogger.
- Giorgos Kaminis: American-Greek lawyer and politician 78th Mayor of Athens.
- Mario Kempes: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- 1st coml jet transport plane built in US tested (Boeing 707)
- KOCO TV channel 5 in Oklahoma City, OK (ABC) begins broadcasting
- WBOC TV channel 16 in Salisbury, MD (CBS / NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- First flight of the Boeing 367-80, prototype for both the Boeing 707 and C-135 series.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?