Monday 15 July 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1957 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Maryvonne Micale: American art director with Insight and Sound Creations Inc.
- Kate Kellaway: Critic.
- Françoise Legrée: French ballet dancer, a former etoile (star) of the Paris Opera Ballet.
- Dutch Super Constellation crashes near New Guinea, 56 die
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?