Monday 15 July 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shari Headley in Brooklyn and Brigitte Nielsen.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Surf City by Jan & Dean.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The Thrill of It All, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vacation Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1963 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Shari Headley in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Mimi Reed - All My Children).
- Brigitte Nielsen: Danish actress whose screen credits include: "Red Sonja," and "Beverly Hills Cop II.
- Joe Phillips: American athlete, defensive tackle, whose pro-football career began in 1986.
- Steve Thomas: Stockport, England -- NHL left wing (New Jersey Devils).
- KAIT TV channel 8 in Jonesboro, AR (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Marvin Gaye - Pride And Joy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?