Friday 15 July 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eloyse Lesueur and Aimee Carrero.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Flame by Cheap Trick.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Die Hard, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Alaska by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rough Guide to Europe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Computer Edition of Scrabble or Face Off.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1988 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Eloyse Lesueur: French athlete, long jumper, she won the gold medal at the 2012 Helsinki European championships and the gold at the 2014 Zurich European championships.
- Aimee Carrero: TV Actress.
- Riki Christodoulou: English racing driver.
- Mina Fujii: Japanese actress model and television personality.
- Eleanor Estes: American librarian author and illustrator (d. 1988).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?