Sunday 15 July 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
The Story of the Kelly Gang, directed by Charles Tait, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 15 July 2007 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 July
- In Tacoma, Washington, USA, the second span of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge opens to traffic, making it the longest twin suspension bridge in the world.
- Sudan and a breakaway faction of the Justice and Equality Movement of Darfur sign a peace treaty. (Sudan Tribune)
- Two doctors arrested at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley, Scotland in connection with 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack were released without any charges.
- A law legalising abortion in the first ten weeks of pregnancy comes into effect in Portugal. (Reuters via News Limited)
- A Somali peace conference in Mogadishu gets off to a bad start as it is disrupted by mortar shells. (AFP via ABC)
- Two scientists Gert van der Heijden and Eugene Starostin claim that they have solved a 75-year-old problem related to developable surfaces and the Möbius strip. (Nature)
- Waziristan conflict (July 2007-present):
- Pro-Taliban militants in Pakistan's North Waziristan region say they have ended their truce with the government. (BBC)
- Two suicide bombings in northwestern Pakistan kill at least 31 people. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?