Tuesday 15 July 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
The Dark Knight, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yogscast.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bratz Ponyz 2 or Cooking Mama: World Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 15 July 2008 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 July
- The American League takes a 4-3 victory over the National League in the 79th All-Star Game at Yankee Stadium in New York. The 15th inning game was the longest-ever All-Star game, lasting four hours and 50 minutes.
- 18 people are injured after a funfair ride composed of a spinning arm with a compartment at one end which carries passengers collapses at the Liseberg theme park Gothenburg, Sweden. (AP via Google News)
- General Motors announces plans to suspend its dividend, sell off assets and cut 20% off salaried costs in a response to slumping car sales. (CNNMoney)
- A videotape of an interrogation of terrorism suspect Omar Khadr by Canadian officials at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp is released publicly. (''The New York Times'')
- A suicide bomber at an Iraqi Army base near Baquba kills at least 35 people and injures another 55. (''The New York Times'')
- Belgian prime minister Yves Leterme resigns after less than four months in office. King Albert II does not accept his resignation. (AFP via Google News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?