Wednesday 15 July 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Orphan, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 15 July 2009 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 July
- Natalya Estemirova: Russian journalist and activist (d. 2009).
- Caspian Airlines Flight 7908 crashes near Qazvin, Iran, killing all 168 on board.
- The Episcopal Church of the United States votes to overturn a three-year ban on the appointment of gay bishops. (BBC)
- The Catholic Church praises ''Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'' after previously accusing the books of promoting witchcraft and the occult. (''Irish Independent'')
- A 7.6-magnitude earthquake strikes off South Island, New Zealand, generating brief fears of a small tsunami. (USGS)
- China's foreign exchange reserves have reached a record of US$ 2.13 trillion, which is more than twice the size of Japan'smdashthe second-biggest holder. (Xinhua)
- China urges its citizens in Algeria to ampquottake extra careampquot after reports circulate of a militant group's plans to avenge recent deaths of Muslim Uyghurs. (BBC)
- Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara, the world's oldest new mother, is announced to have died of cancer aged 69, three years after giving birth. (BBC)
- Six people, including two traffic police, are killed and sixteen people are injured in a suicide attack in Anbar, Iraq. (RTÉ)
- A group of soldiers who took part in Israel's assault in Gaza say widespread abuses were committed against civilians under ampquotpermissiveampquot rules of engagement. (BBC)
- Two people are killed and five are injured in the explosion at a Total petrochemicals plant in Carling, France. (RTÉ)
- Chansa Kabwela, editor of Zambia's biggest-selling newspaper ''The Post'', is charged with distributing obscene materials relating to a health sector crisis. (''Sowetan'')
- The British government opts not to end the Common Travel Area between the United Kingdom and Ireland. (RTÉ)
- launches on mission STS-127 to the International Space Station. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
- Lady GaGa - LoveGame
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- Birthday Sex - Jeremih
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Linkin Park - New Divide
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?