Saturday 15 June 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alix Combelle and Paul Milliez.
Jupiter på jorden, directed by Georg af Klercker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1912!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1912 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Alix Combelle: French swing jazz tenor saxophonist, clarinettist and bandleader, born in and performing in Paris for most of his life.
- Paul Milliez: French physician and educator, a Professor in medical clinics from 1959: at the Beaujon hospital 1960-'63, and at the Broussais hospital after 1963.
- Ernie Nordli: American animation designer and layout artist, most notably for Disney.
- Jean Rigaud: Bordeaux Painters.
- 26th US Womens Tennis: Mary K Browne beats Eleonora Sears (64 62)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Gaby Glide - Billy Murray
- Elegie (Song of Mourning) - Alma Gluck
- The Gaby Glide - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?