Sunday 15 June 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1919 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Ben Keller: American publicity rep and philanthropist.
- Alberto Sordi: Rome, Italy -- Actor (Miser, Taxi Driver in NY).
- 1st nonstop Atlantic flight (Alcock & Brown) lands in Ireland
- John Alcock and Arthur Brown complete the first nonstop transatlantic flight when they reach Clifden, County Galway, Ireland.
- Pancho Villa attacks Ciudad Juárez, Mexico. When the bullets begin to fly to the American side of the border, two units of the 7th Cavalry Regiment of the U.S. Army crossed the border to repulse Villa's forces away from American territory.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - Sterling Trio
- Smile and the World Smiles with You - Lewis James & Peerless Quartet
- When the Boys Come Home - Louis Gravieure
- The St. Louis Blues - Al Bernard
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?