Tuesday 15 June 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Carlstedt and François Michelin.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1926 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Jan Carlstedt: Composer.
- François Michelin: French manufacturer, Michelin group manager from 1955 to 1999.
- Alfred Duraiappah: Sri Lankan Tamil lawyer and politician (d. 1975).
- Shigeru Kayano: Japanese Ainu activist (Born 1926).
- Mac McGarry: American game show host (d. 2013).
- 7th French government of Briand falls
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Horses - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Cossack Love Song - Ipana Troubadors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?