Saturday 15 June 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Penwill Parsons and Gideon N N Nxumalo.
Thunderbolt, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1929 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Geoffrey Penwill Parsons: Piano accompnaist.
- Gideon N N Nxumalo: Composer.
- Nigel Pickering: Guitarist (Spanky & Our Gang).
- Giorgio Albani: Italian athlete, a cyclist.
- Mario Renosto: Italian soccer/football player, he played with Venezia (1945–1950), Milan (1950–1952), Roma (1952–1954), Novara (1954–1955), Triestina (1955–1958), and Messina (1958–1959).
- Octavio Rivero Serrano: Mexican doctor, rector of the National Autonomous University of Mexico from 1981 to 1984 and currently honorary member of the National Academy of Medicine.
- Alfred Strocchio: France sport Champion
- 1st time New York curb stock exchange transacts more business than New York Exch
- First time New York curb stock exchange transacts more business than New York Exchange.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?