Saturday 15 June 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dawn Rider, directed by R.N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1935!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1935 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Robert Purdum: American civil engineer and CEO in charge of Armco, a steel manufacturer.
- Fernand Schokweiler: British judge.
- Marvin Lemons: American sexual psychopath and necrophiliac.
- François Jeanneau: French jazz saxophonist and composer.
- Belinda Lee: English actress, often typecast as a "sexy blonde," for example in a supporting role in the Benny Hill film "Who Done It?" (1956).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?