Monday 15 June 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Secret Agent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1936 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Alexandru Hrisanide: Composer.
- Claude Brasseur: French actor, the youngest member of an acting family famed in France since 1820.
- William Joseph Levada: American Catholic prelate.
- William Levada: American ecclesiastic, appointed Archbishop of San Francisco on 8/17/1995, becoming the 7th archbishop of the diocese upon the resignation of Archbishop Quinn.
- An army laboratory explodes in Estonia, killing 60.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?