Tuesday 15 June 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Champ Summers and Mike Holmgren.
Bud Abbott Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein, directed by Charles T. Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Ed Sullivan Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1948 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Champ Summers: Baseball player.
- Mike Holmgren: American pro head coach of the Green Bay Packers, successfully winning Super Bowl XXXI in 1996, defeating New England to take the championship.
- Henry McLeish: Scottish Member of Parliament associated with the Labour party, the representative of Fife and Central, returned at the General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Paul Michiels: Belgian rock musician, singer and song-writer, who has worked solo as well as a member of the group Soulsister.
- Alan Huckle: English politician and diplomat Governor of Anguilla.
- 1st night game at Briggs Stadium: Detroit Tigers beat Philadelphia Athletics
- WPIX TV channel 11 in NYC, New York (IND) begins broadcasting
- WTNH TV channel 8 in New Haven, CT (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?