Wednesday 15 June 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Summertime, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1955 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Julie Hagerty: American actress, a slender brunette leading lady.
- Polly Draper: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- David Kennedy: American son of Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Kennedy (d. 1984).
- Cathy Morse: LPGA golfer.
- Sally E Silverstone: Walthamstow, England -- Co-Captain (Biosphere 2).
- Valerio Merola: Italian TV personality and game-show host. During the summer of 1996 Merola was charged with sexual assault and sodomy by several girls who claimed that he was demanding sexual favors in exchange for openings on the show. Merola declared his innocence with medical affidavits which stated that the size of his organ was too large to have made the charge feasible without serious injury to the girls. (The media had a field-day with his defense, coining the term "Merolone" to denote a male with an ov
- Tree Rollins in Winter Haven: Florida, USA; NBA center (Cleveland Cavaliers).
- Australia score 8-758 vs. West Indies at Kingston, their best ever
- The Eisenhower administration stages the first annual ''Operation Alert'' (OPAL) exercise, an attempt to assess the USA's preparations for a nuclear attack.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?