Wednesday 15 June 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cathy Morse and Sally E Silverstone.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Summertime, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1955 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Cathy Morse: LPGA golfer.
- Sally E Silverstone: Walthamstow, England -- Co-Captain (Biosphere 2).
- Tree Rollins in Winter Haven: Florida, USA; NBA center (Cleveland Cavaliers).
- Julie Hagerty: American actress, a slender brunette leading lady.
- Valerio Merola: Italian TV personality and game-show host.
- Polly Draper: American actress producer and screenwriter
- David Kennedy: American son of Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Kennedy (d. 1984)
- Australia score 8-758 vs. West Indies at Kingston, their best ever
- The Eisenhower administration stages the first annual ''Operation Alert'' (OPAL) exercise, an attempt to assess the USA's preparations for a nuclear attack.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?