Friday 15 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Polly Draper in Palo Alto and Militão Santos.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rosemary Clooney Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1956 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Polly Draper in Palo Alto: California, USA; actress (Ellyn - Thirty Something, Hooters).
- Militão Santos: Brazilian artist, craftsman and poet.
- Ava Cadell: Hungarian-American actress and therapist.
- Robin Curtis: American actress.
- Yevgeny Kiselyov: Russian-Ukrainian journalist.
- Lance Parrish: American baseball player coach and manager
- Eindhoven University of Technology is founded in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?