Sunday 15 June 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Vikings, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1958 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Wade Boggs in Nebraska: USA; Boston Red Sox third baseman (American League bat champion 1985-88).
- Riccardo Paletti: Italian race car driver (d. 1982).
- Wade Boggs: American sports figure, a baseball star with the Boston Red Sox.
- Jérôme Champagne: Former French diplomat and executive at FIFA (1999-2010).
- Francois de Vries: Economist, dies at 74.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Triangle Round Robin Golf Tournament
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?