Thursday 15 June 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Armstrong and Laurent Cantet.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Guns of Navarone, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1961 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Brad Armstrong: American wrestler (d. 2012).
- Laurent Cantet: French director and screenwriter.
- Kai Eckhardt: German-American bass player and songwriter (Garaj Mahal and Vital Information).
- Yoshimi Iwasaki: Japanese singer and actress (Sound Horizon).
- Dave McAuley: Irish boxer and sportscaster.
- Scott Norton: American professional wrestler
- Giulio Cabianca: Italian racing driver (Born 1923).
- Expansion Washingston Senators are 30-30, latest date an expansion team will be at .500, Washington will lose their next 10 games
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?