Saturday 15 June 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
PT 109, directed by Leslie H. Martinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1963 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Scott Rockenfield: Drummer (Queensryche-Breaking the Silence).
- Helen Hunt in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Jill - Amy Prentiss, Lisa - It Takes Two).
- Marina Azyabina: Russian hurdler.
- Mario Gosselin: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Igor Paklin: Kyrgyzstani high jumper.
- Blanca Portillo: Spanish actress
- Helen Hunt: American actress, best known for her role on the TV series, "Mad About You," 1992-99. Co-starring with Paul Reiser, Hunt won four consecutive Emmy Awards for her portrayal of the caustic but charming "Jamie Buchman." Her talents translated to the big screen as well, and in 1997, she starred in an Oscar-winning performance opposite Jack Nicholson with "As Good As It Gets."
- Nigel Walker: Welsh athlete and rugby union player
- Sound of Music closes at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC after 1443 performances
- Sukiyaki hits #1
- Buddy Nobles runs world record marathon (2:14:28)
- Israeli Premier David Ben-Gurion resigns
- San Francisco Giants' Juan Marichal no-hits Houston Colt 45s, 1-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Darin - 18 Yellow Roses
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?