Tuesday 15 June 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carrie Mitchum in Los Angeles and David Bolton.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
What's New Pussycat, directed by Clive Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1965 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Carrie Mitchum in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Donna - The Bold and the Beautiful).
- David Bolton: Guyana -- Canadian Tour golfer (1992 Lando Mem Amateur).
- Annelies Bredael: Belgium rower of the skiff, placing seventh in the Atlanta Olympics and the winner of a Silver Medal in Barcelona in 1992.
- Angela Salcido: American homicide victim of her abusive husband, Ramon Salcido, who was often irrational from drug and alcohol use, easily flying into rages.
- Karim Massimov: Kazakhstani politician 7th Prime Minister of Kazakhstan.
- Adam Smith: American lawyer and politician
- Bob Dylan records Like a Rolling Stone
- Denny McLain in relief strikesout 1st 7 batters faced and record 14 in 6 2 / 3 innings, Bill Freehan ties catcher record of 19 putouts
- South Africa begins economic boycott of Dutch products
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Roger Miller - Engine Engine #9
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Patti Page - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?