Thursday 15 June 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Frenzy, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1972 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Angela Adamoli: Italian member of 12-woman national basketball team; won European silver medal in Rome June 1995.
- Chloe Dao: American fashion designer.
- Marcus Hahnemann: American soccer player.
- Justin Leonard: American golfer.
- Andy Pettitte: American baseball player.
- Hank von Helvete: Norwegian singer and guitarist (Turbonegro and Doctor Midnight & The Mercy Cult)
- Andrew Pettitte: Baton Rouge, Louisiana -- Pitcher (New York Yankees)
- DeWayne Patterson: CFL defensive tackle (Calgary Stampeders)
- Jean Francois Labbe: Sherbrooke -- NHL goalie (Colorado Avalanche)
- Justin C G Leonard: Dallas, Texas -- PGA golfer (1994 Anheuser-Busch-3rd)
- Lianne Bennion: Seattle, Washington -- Rower (1996 Olympics)
- Ramiro Mendoza: Los Santos, Panama -- Pitcher (New York Yankees)
- Sandy Mccarthy: Toronto, Ontario -- NHL right wing (Calgary Flames)
- Tony Clark: Newton, Kansas -- Infielder (Detroit Tigers)
- Hank Von Helvete: Norwegian vocalist (Turbonegro)
- West German police arrested RAF leader Ulrike Meinhof
- Rock fall inside Vierzy Tunnel (France) causes two-train crash; 107 die.
- Ulrike Meinhof and Gerhard Müller of the Red Army Faction are arrested in a teacher's apartment in Langenhagen, West Germany.
- June 18 – The first U.S. Libertarian Party National Convention is held in Denver, Colorado.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?