Saturday 15 June 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Any Lynn Ciccolella and Scott Tunkin.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1974 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Any Lynn Ciccolella: Monument, Colorado -- Miss America - Colorado (1996).
- Scott Tunkin: Australian baseball infielder (1996 Olympics).
- Chakri : Indian singer-songwriter (d. 2014).
- Streak by Ray Stevens hit #1 on UK pop chart
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?