Thursday 15 June 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include RoRo [Romell Chapman] and Wilfred Bouma.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Jaws 2, directed by Jeannot Szwarc, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Depth Charge or Dynasty (video game).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1978!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1978 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- RoRo [Romell Chapman]: Atlanta, Georgia -- Rapper (Another Bad Creation).
- Wilfred Bouma: Dutch footballer.
- Zach Day: American baseball player.
- Anton Roosjen: Politician / NCRV-chairman, dies at 83.
- Belgian government resigns
- Soyuz 29 carries two cosmonauts to Salyut 6; they stay 139 days.
- King Hussein of Jordan marries American Lisa Halaby, who takes the name Queen Noor.
- Cricketer Ian Botham becomes the first man in the history of the game to score a century and take 8 wickets in 1 inning of a Test match.
- ''Garfield'', which eventually becomes the world's most widely syndicated comic strip, makes its debut.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- Johnny Mathis - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
- Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good
- George Benson - On Broadway
- Carly Simon - You Belong To Me
- Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?