Wednesday 15 June 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Anderson and Julia Fischer.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Superman III, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Konsul Möllers Erben.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cube Quest or Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1983 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Derek Anderson: American football player.
- Julia Fischer: German violinist and pianist.
- Laura Imbruglia: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Josh McGuire: Canadian fencer.
- Srirangam Srinivasarao (Sri Sri): Indian Telugu poet (Born 1910).
- Cards trade Keith Hernandez to Mets for Neil Allen and Rick Ownbey
- Supreme Court struck down state and local restrictions on abortion
- US Supreme Court strikes down state and local restrictions on abortion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Family Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?