Sunday 15 June 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
Get Smart, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 15 June 2008 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 June
- Stan Winston: American special effects and makeup artist, and film director (Born 1946).
- In New York City, the Tony Awards are presented. Lifetime achievement award: Stephen Sondheim.
- Anjouan, an island part of the Union of the Comoros, hold its first presidential election since the 2008 invasion of Anjouan which ousted Mohamed Bacar. (AFP via Google News)
- ''August: Osage County'' wins the 62nd Tony Award for best play while ''In the Heights'' wins best musical. (AP via Google News)
- The American International Group (AIG), the world's largest insurance company, removes Martin J. Sullivan as its CEO due to losses caused by the subprime mortgage crisis. (Reuters)
- Tiger Woods and Rocco Mediate will play in an 18-hole playoff to determine the winner of the 2008 U.S. Open Golf Championship. (''The Washington Times'')
- Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr claims that he is developing a new force to fight United States forces in Iraq. (CNN)
- More than 15 Taliban insurgents are killed as NATO and Afghan forces attempt to recapture the hundreds of prisoners who escaped following the Kandahar prison raid. (Reuters)
- The Prime Minister of Pakistan Yusuf Raza Gillani warns that Pakistan will not tolerate incursions over its borders. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?