Friday 15 June 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Inseparable, directed by Dayyan Eng, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 15 June 2012 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 June
- The Yemeni army captures Shuqra, the third militant stronghold to fall in the last week. (BBC)
- Police officers attempting to evict landless farmers occupying a property in the Paraguayan department of Canindeyú turn into clashes, killing 16 officers and farmers. (BBC)
- American singer Chris Brown and Canadian rapper Drake reportedly brawl with each other over fellow popstar Rihanna in a New York nightclub. (MTV)
- Italy announces it will sell off three state-owned business in hopes of reducing the country's debt problems. (BBC)
- Former Goldman Sachs director Rajat Gupta is convicted of three counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiracy related to insider trading in 2011. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Credit downgrades:
- Moody's Investor Service downgrades the credit rating of five Dutch banks including ING Bank. (Reuters)
- Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council, convenes a conference call to discuss possible fall-out from the weekend's elections in Greece. (Reuters)
- Chinese manufacturer Yili Group recalls baby formula after some products are discovered with high mercury levels. (BBC)
- An Apple I computer sells at an auction in New York for $374,500, setting a new record. (BBC)
- 2012 Pacific hurricane season:
- Hurricane Carlotta makes landfall on the coast of Mexico. (AlertNet)
- Canada and the U.S. state of Michigan announce a deal to construct a bridge between the U.S. city of Detroit and the Canadian city of Windsor, Ontario. (Reuters)
- China suspends three officials and the government of Ankang city apologizes to a woman, Feng Jianmei, 23, who is forced to undergo an illegal abortion seven months into her pregnancy after graphic photos of the mother and her dead baby are circulated online. (AP via ''The Star'')
- Baker Atyani, ''Al Arabiyas'' TV bureau chief for southeast Asia, disappears with four other people on the restive southern Philippine island of Jolo where Muslim militants are active. (AP via ''TIME'')
- Three employees of an armoured car company are reported dead and one injured in a shooting at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada. (CBC News)
- Ukrainian prime minister Mykola Azarov is accused by the opposition of violating the law by drinking an alcoholic beverage in a government building. (Reuters)
- U.S. president Barack Obama announces that the U.S. will stop deporting some illegal immigrants. (''The New York Times'')
- The Congress of Colombia approves a law aimed at facilitating peace talks between the government and guerrilla groups. (BBC)
- The Holy See establishes the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of the Southern Cross, for former Anglicans in Australia. (Bollettino)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?