Wednesday 15 March 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geert Lubberhuizen and Frank Coghlan Jr.
Avatar, directed by Carmine Gallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1916!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1916 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Geert Lubberhuizen: publisher (Busy Bee).
- Frank Coghlan Jr: American actor (d. 2009).
- Thomas Dixon: American aerospace engineer, aviation company executive.
- Robert Mayo: American banker, government official.
- Robert Wolff: CherLourg Journalist.
- Frank Coghlan: Jr. American actor and pilot (d. 2009)
- Fadil Hoxha: Kosovar commander and politician 2nd President of Kosovo (d. 2001)
- Harry James: swing-era bandleader/trumpet player, dies in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Gen Pershing, 15,000 troops chasing Villa into Mexico, stays 10-mos
- University of Gent goes under Dutch control.
- Mexican Revolution: The U.S. 7th and 10th Cavalry regiments under John J. Pershing cross the border to join the hunt for Villa.
- The SS ''Sussex'' is torpedoed, resulting in the Sussex pledge.
- John Ronald Reuel Tolkien marries Edith Bratt (they would serve as the inspiration for the fictional characters Lúthien and Beren).
- The last Emperor of China, Yuan Shikai, abdicates the throne and the Republic of China is restored.
- April ndash The light switch is invented by William J. Newton and Morris Goldberg.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- We'll Build a Little Home in the U.S.A. - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- Old Folks at Home - Taylor Trio
- Everybody - Bert Williams
- Stop, Look, and Listen (Medley) - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?