Wednesday 15 March 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1933 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Cecil Perceval Taylor: Composer / jazz pianist (University of Wisconsin).
- Ronald Roseman: Composer.
- Philippe De Broca: French film director, son of a photographer of noble origins and grand-son of a famous painter.
- Philippe de Broca: French film director (d. 2004).
- Ruth Ginsburg: American Jurist, named to the Supreme Court by President Clinton 14 June 1993.
- NAACP begins coordinated attack on segregation and discrimination.
- Austrian Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss keeps members of the National Council from convening, starting the austrofascist dictatorship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?