Friday 15 March 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Primrose Path, directed by Gregory LaCava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1940 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Kenneth Pontikes: American merchandise marketer, economist and CEO in charge of Comdisco, an IBM computer mainframe leaser.
- Jacques Hustin: Belgian singer-songwriter and artist who was successful in his homeland in both fields, and is best known internationally for his participation in the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest.
- Phil Lesh [Chapman] in Berkeley: California, USA; rock bassist (Grass Roots, Grateful Dead).
- Michael Goldwater: American investment executive.
- Margo Howard: American journalist.
- Frank Dobson: English politician Secretary of State for Health
- Phil Lesh: American bass player (Grateful Dead The Other Ones The Dead and Furthur)
- Mel Phillips: American radio host and programmer
- Margo Coleman: American advice columnist
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 March 1940 and get them!