Monday 15 March 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1943 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Brenda Scott in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; actress (Midge - Road West).
- Val Lehman: Australian actress and director, best known for her role as powerful, cunning and sadistic top dog Queen Bea (Bea Smith) in the Australian TV series "Prisoner" (aka "Prisoner: Cell Block H").
- Bernard Prevost: French law enforcement executive; General Director of the Gendarmerie Nationale from1995.
- Claude Thomas: American jurist who was Judge for the 54th district court of Lansing, MI.
- Iron Sheik: Wrestler.
- David Cronenberg: Canadian actor director and screenwriter
- Lynda La Plante: English actress screenwriter and author
- Michael Scott-Joynt: English bishop (d. 2014)
- The Iron Sheik: Iranian-American wrestler and actor
- Sly Stone: American singer-songwriter and producer (Sly and the Family Stone)
- Allied reconnaissance flight over Java
- World War II: Third Battle of Kharkov : the Germans retake the city of Kharkov from the Soviet armies in bitter street fighting.
- The Italian submarine Leonardo da Vinci sinks the Candandian pacific liner RMS Empress of Canada (1922) off Sierre Leone.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?