Friday 15 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1946 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Bobby Bond baseball player (New York Giants: New York Yankees, etc).
- Howard Scott in San Pedro: California, USA; rock guitarist/vocalist ("War", "Cisco Kid").
- Jean-Claude Colliard: French academic and senior public servant.
- Bobby Bonds: American athlete, pro baseball player and father of noted baseball player Barry Bonds.
- Rossano : Italian pop singer, known for the song "Ti voglio tanto bene" (I love you so much).
- Mahir Çayan: Turkish politician (d. 1972)
- Stephen Hill: English sociologist and academic
- Howard Scott: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (War and Lowrider Band)
- David Wall: English ballet dancers / director (Royal Academy of Dancing)
- Howard E Scott: American musician (War)
- Masaharu Sato: Japanese seiyu
- The Soviet Union and Switzerland resume diplomatic relations.
- French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique and Réunion become overseas départements of France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal June Christy)
- Shoo-Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy - Dinah Shore
- Les Brown & His Orchestra - Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief
- Jo Stafford - Day by Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 March 1946 and get them!