Saturday 15 March 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tomas Pettersson and Ry[land] Cooder in Los Angeles.
The Egg and I, directed by Chester Erskine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Show Business, Inc..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1947 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Tomas Pettersson: Sweden -- Cyclist (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Ry[land] Cooder in Los Angeles: California, USA; blues guitarist (Crossroads).
- Larisa Grigoriyevna: Pozharskaya; Russian cosmonaut.
- Raymond Boni: French guitarist and jazz composer.
- Ry Cooder: American musician, composer and producer.
- Marc Fasquel: French criminal, who, with his wife Jocelyne Bourdin, abducted and raped seven young women, murdering two of them, between December 1985 and February 1986. Fasquel was killed by gendarmes on 14 February 1986 while trying to escape from them.
- Geraldine Hanon: American astrologer who authored a landmark book on astrology, "Sacred Space: A Feminist Vision of Astrology" (1990).
- Jean-Claude Nallet: French athlete, long sprinter and hurdler (400m). He won two European titles and participated twice in the Olympics (finalist with France in the relay 4X400m, Mexico 1968).
- Claude Nallet:
- Gino Ferrin: German footballer and manager
- Juraj Kukura: Slovak-German actor
- Tony Osoba: Scottish actor
- John Lee appointed 1st black commissioned officer in US Navy
- Hindus and Muslims clash in Punjab.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- How Are Things in Glocca Mora? - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?