Sunday 15 March 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Judi Spiers and Jayson Hudgins.
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
I Confess, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Space Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1953 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Judi Spiers: TV presenter.
- Jayson Hudgins: American bartender, singer, artist and humanitarian, active in tree planting with the Church of Trees.
- Kostas Bigalis: Greek singer and songwriter.
- Richard Bruton: Irish politician Minister for Jobs Enterprise and Innovation.
- Colin Croft: Guyanan cricketer and sportscaster.
- Heather Pozzessere: American author
- Kumba Ialá: Bissau-Guinean politician President of Guinea-Bissau (d. 2014)
- West Germany loses in soccer to the Netherlands, 2-1
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?