Sunday 15 March 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eliot Teltscher and Harold Baines in Easton.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Diary of Anne Frank, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garry Halliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1959 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Eliot Teltscher: California, United States -- Tennis player (US Davis Cup team).
- Harold Baines in Easton: Maryland, USA; outfielder (Chicago White Sox, Texas Rangers).
- Fabio Lanzoni: Italian-American model, a gorgeous 6'3", 225 lb hunk with turquoise eyes, honey colored long blond hair with a face that has launched a thousand romance novels and a chest to behold.
- Renny Harlin: Finnish film maker, an expatriate to Hollywood to direct and produce films.
- Fabio : Model.
- Harold Baines: American baseball player and coach
- Lisa Holton: American journalist and author
- Ben Okri: Nigerian poet and author
- Lester Young: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 1959).
- WILX TV channel 10 in Lansing, MI (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
- Robert Foster sets record by staying underwater 13 minutes 42.5 seconds.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 March 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- The Bell Notes - I've Had It
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Petite Fleur (Little Flower) - Chris Barber's Jazz Band
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- The Crests - 16 Candles
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?