Tuesday 15 March 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Bruno and Karen Weiss in Saint Paul.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Geheimagent Tegtmeier.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1966 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Chris Bruno: Actor (Michael-All My Children, Dennis-Another World).
- Karen Weiss in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; LPGA golfer (1995 Chick-fil-A Charity-7th).
- Mohammed Ghrib: French murderer of shoe-seller, Chantal Piekolek, in a shopping mall in November 2003.
- 8th Grammy Awards: "Taste of Honey", Tom Jones, Frank Sintra, and Barbra Streisand.
- Racial riots erupt in the Watts section of Los Angeles, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?