Friday 15 March 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1968 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Sabrina [Salerno]: Genoa, Italy -- Miss Italy (1984) / singer (Boys).
- Rob Anderson in Kamloops: British Columbia, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (British Columbia Amateur-1990, 1992).
- John Tardy US heavy metalist (Obituary: Slowly We Rot).
- Kahimi Karie: Japanese singer.
- Mark McGrath: American singer-songwriter and television host (Sugar Ray and The Wondergirls).
- Terje Riis-Johansen: Norwegian politician Norwegian Minister of Petroleum and Energy
- Sabrina Salerno: Italian singer actress and producer
- Jon Schaffer: American guitarist (Iced Earth and Demons and Wizards)
- LIFE Magazine calls Jimi Hendrix most spectacular guitarist in the world
- US Mint stops buying and selling gold
- The Bureau of the Mint halts buying and selling gold.
- British minister of Foreign affairs George Brown resigns.
- Uprising in South Yemen.
- British Foreign Secretary George Brown resigns.
- Vietnam War ndash My Lai massacre: American troops kill scores of civilians. The story will first become public in November 1969 and will help undermine public support for the U.S. efforts in Vietnam.
- U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy enters the race for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?