Saturday 15 March 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Charro!, directed by Charles Marquis Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1969 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Kim Raver: American actress.
- Louis Riddick NFL safety (Cleveland Browns: Atlanta Falcons).
- Rona Ambrose: Canadian journalist and politician 8th Canadian Minister of Health.
- Gianluca Festa: Italian footballer and coach.
- Timo Kotipelto: Finnish singer-songwriter (Stratovarius Kotipelto and Cain's Offering).
- Elvir Laka: Bosnian singer-songwriter
- Apollo Papathanasio: Swedish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Firewind Spiritual Beggars Evil Masquerade and Gardenian)
- Yutaka Take: Japanese jockey
- Elvir Lakovic Laka: Bosnian rock singer
- US Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas resigns.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Classics IV - Traces
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?