Sunday 15 March 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Castle and Paul Kruse in Merritt.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
My Night at Maud's, directed by Eric Rohmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Reiter von Padola.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1970 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Eric Castle: NFL free safety (San Diego Chargers).
- Paul Kruse in Merritt: British Columbia, Canada; NHL left wing (Calgary Flames).
- Diego Nargiso in Naples: Italy; tennis pro.
- Chris Dalman: NFL guard/center (San Francisco 49ers).
- Derek Parra: American Olympics champion, setting a Gold Medal record for speed skating on 2/19/2001, after already collecting a silver medal ten days prior, Salt Lake Winter Olympics.
- Purlie opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 689 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Travelin' Band
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- The Tee Set - Ma Belle Amie
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
- Eddie Holman - Hey There Lonely Girl
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Santana - Evil Ways
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?