Tuesday 15 March 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Hahn and Adrian Burnside.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen) by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Chanson D'Amour by The Manhattan Transfer was in the top 5 hits.
Eraserhead, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out of Bounds.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Wars or Super Bug.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1977!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1977 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Joe Hahn: American musician (Linkin Park).
- Adrian Burnside: Australian baseball player.
- Brian Tee: Japanese-American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Sandeep Unnikrishnan: Indian soldier (d. 2008).
- Eight is Enough premiers on ABC-TV
- Chevrolet general manager Robert Lund drives the 500,000th Corvette, a white Stingray T-Top, off the assembly line in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
- US House of Representatives begin 90-day test of televising its sessions.
- Tenor Luciano Pavarotti and the PBS opera series ''Live from the Met'' both make their American television debuts. Pavarotti stars in a complete production of Puccini's ''La Boheme''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Rich Girl
- Bob Seger - Night Moves
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Kenny Nolan - I Like Dreamin'
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
- David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?