Wednesday 15 March 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1989 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Caitlin Wachs: American actress (Chloe Waters - Profiler).
- MakeupByAlli : YouTube Star.
- Olamide : Rapper.
- Sam Baldock: English footballer.
- Jonathan Roy: Canadian ice hockey player (goal keeper), later turned to a career in music.
- Bryce Gibbs: Australian rules footballer
- Sandro Raniere: Brazilian footballer
- Margaret Wilson: Filipino model and actress
- Les Miserables, opens at Royal Alexandra Theatre Toronto
- Department of Veterans Affairs officially established as a Cabinet position
- Israel hands over Taba to Egypt, ending a seven-year territorial dispute.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Roxette - The Look
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Breathe - Don't Tell Me Lies
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?