Saturday 15 May 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1926 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Clermont Pépin: Canadian pianist composer and educator (d. 2006).
- Clermont Pepin: Composer.
- Randi Nordby: Norwegian actress, having her stage debut as a child actress at Det Nye Teater.
- Richard Ringoen: American electrical engineer and CEO in charge of Ball, a can and bottle manufacuturer who has branched into aerospace.
- Peter Shaffer: British playwright, noted for moving easily from farce to drama to portraying the agony of the human soul.
- Anthony Shaffer: British playwright, the author of "Sleuth," a brilliant double-cross mystery thriller that won a Tony in 1971 and was made into a film. He was the twin of playwright Peter Shaffer. Both were educated at Cambridge, separating to pursue separate careers, but collaborating on several novels where Anthony used the pseudonym of Peter Anthony. Each later achieved fame as playwrights and authors of screenplays.
- Mohammed VI Vahideddin: Last Sultan of Turkey (1918-22).
- British general strike ends, but mine workers go on strike.
- 52nd Kentucky Derby: Albert Johnson on Bubbling Over wins in 2:03.8.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Love My Baby (My Baby Loves Me) - Aileen Stanley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?