Friday 15 May 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Svengali, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1931 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- F Korthals: Altes Dutch minister of Justice (VVD).
- Ken Venturi: American golfer and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Joseph Califano: American Democratic Party administrator who served under Jimmy Carter as the United States Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare, 1977-1979.
- David Healy: Actor (Supergirl, Doomsday Gun, Patton, Be My Guest).
- Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Quadragesimo anno
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?