Friday 15 May 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Healy and F Korthals.
Svengali, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1931 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- David Healy: Actor (Supergirl, Doomsday Gun, Patton, Be My Guest).
- F Korthals: Altes Dutch minister of Justice (VVD).
- Joseph Califano: American Democratic Party administrator who served under Jimmy Carter as the United States Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare, 1977-1979.
- Ken Venturi: American golfer and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Quadragesimo anno
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?