Monday 15 May 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Scarlet Claw, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1944!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1944 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Bill Alter: American police officer and politician.
- Ulrich Beck: German sociologist and academic (d. 2015).
- Miruts Yifter: Ethiopia -- 5K / 10K runner (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Tich: Rocker.
- Pierre Trentin: French track cyclist racer, twice Olympic champion in 1968 (individual 1km time trial and tandem with Daniel Morelon) and winner of a bronze medal at the 1964 Olympics on the 1km.
- Eisenhower, Montgomery, Churchill and George VI discuss D-Day plan
- Dwight Eisenhower, Bernard Montgomery, Winston Churchill and King George VI discuss D-Day plan.
- Cincinnati Reds' Clyde Shoun no-hits Boston Braves, 1-0.
- 14,000 Jews of Munkacs, Hungary deported to Auschwitz.
- Sergei Aleksi becomes guardian of Patriarch Throne.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Swinging On A Star
- Long Ago (And Far Away) - Jo Stafford
- Milkman, Keep Those Bottles Quiet - Ella Mae Morse
- I'll Walk Alone - Louis Prima
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?