Thursday 15 May 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1952!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1952 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Chazz Palminteri: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Rick Waits baseball pitcher (Texas Rangers: Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins).
- Phil Seymour: American musician, drummer with "The Dwight Twilley Band," 1968-1978.
- Detroit Tigers' pitcher Virgil Trucks no-hits Washington Senators, 1-0.
- Johnny Longden becomes second jockey to ride 4,000 winners.
- Diplomatic relations are established between the governments of Israel and Japan at the level of legations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?