Saturday 15 May 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Beauchemin in Winnipeg and Robert P Harrison.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Le Plaisir, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1954 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Bob Beauchemin in Winnipeg: Canada; golfer (West Coast Open-1982, 1983).
- Robert P Harrison: American thinker.
- Suzanne Basso: American murderer (d. 2014).
- Diana Liverman: English-American geographer and academic.
- Caroline Thomson: English journalist and broadcaster.
- William March: American writer of psychological fiction and a highly decorated US Marine.
- KGLO (now KIMT) TV channel 3 in Mason City, IA (CBS) 1st broadcast
- Latin Union (Unión Latina) created by Convention of Madrid, member countries belong to the five Romance languages: Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian.
- ''Brown v. Board of Education'' (347 US 483 1954): The United States Supreme Court rules that segregated schools are unconstitutional.
- The Petrov Royal Commission in Australia begins its inquiry.
- Adnan Menderes of DP forms the new government of Turkey (21st government)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?