Thursday 15 May 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Indiscreet, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1958 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Ron Simmons: American professional wrestler.
- Michael G the Boer: Historian (Harbor of Amsterdam), dies at 91.
- USSR launches Sputnik III
- The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 3.
- MGM's ''Gigi'' opens in New York City, beginning its run in the U.S. after being shown at the Cannes film festival. The last of the great MGM musicals, it will become a huge critical and box office success and win nine Academy Awards including Best Picture. ''Gigi'' is Lerner and Loewe's first musical written especially for film, and is deliberately written in a style evoking the team's ''My Fair Lady'', which was still playing on Broadway at the time and could not be filmed yet.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?